ohrenhoch presents on Sunday 4 and 11 December 2016, 2pm - 9pm:
Audio-Video Work (2016, Premiere)
by Bernadette Johnson (Switzerland)
Curator, loudspeaker installation: Knut Remond
Bernadette Johnson on 'Je suis in the kitchen':
Oil, water sugar and Mariechen.. the longing is immense. Seen from the middle of the kitchen, perhaps from the stove, a sort of kitchen-scape exists, where pans clatter and soup simmers.
„Je suis in the kitchen“ is derived from fragments of kitchen songs, which used to be sung by servants in bourgeois homes while doing their work. In the composition, I have taken this historical category of folk poems, and spiced it with irritating moments and associative ideas in order to break the sentimental tonal basis. I found the juxtaposition of harmony and disturbing elements to be most interesting. Acoustical as well as visual material gets worked over, ordered and concentrated. „Je suis in the kitchen“ rediscovers the ambivalence between fear and longing, between opinion and feelings.
Audio Field Report no. 58 / Soundactivism 37: Interview with Bernadette Johnson by Knut Remond. Limited edition audio cassette, 8 copies numbered. Available at 'ohrenhoch, der Geräuschladen' (and heard on headphone in the ohrenhoch archive).
Audio Field Reports nos. 1-57 / soundactivism 1-36: Interviews since January 2014 with the artists, concept and design by Knut Remond.
*1955 in Saint Gall, now lives in Basel (CH).
Author of acoustical poems and audio pieces for Radio and other listening rooms. For her sound works she was awarded among others the Karl Sczuka Promotion Prize.
In her audio-visual work as well, B.J. leads us through extra-semantic areas. Relations between sounds and visual images are discovered / invented. It's a matter of tracing otherwise parallel and hidden experience spaces.
2015 / 2016
Since the beginning of 2015 'ohrenhoch, the Noise Shop' has been activating the theme 'Soundactivism'.
The manifesto WORDS 2016 - SOUNDACTIVISM by Knut Remond (Artistic director ohrenhoch) and Isabella Zamboni (art historian) is pinned on the wall at ohrenhoch from Sunday the 14th of February 2016.
- 4 and 11 January 2015: "Salt-Sculpting" sound installation by Martyna Poznanska (Germany, Poland)
- 18 and 25 January 2015: "Meine-Welt-Musik – 2. Symphonie" Op.148/2013 by Dieter Kaufmann (Austria)
- 1 and 8 February 2015: "Syria..as my mother speaks" by Christine Gedeon with sound artist Bent Bøgedal Christoffersen (USA, Denmark)
- 15 and 22 February 2015: "outcry" for Bassbox loudspeaker installation, by Knut Remond (Germany)
- 1 and 8 March 2015: "MOSCOW - (M)y Swo(O)ning (S)ends out (C)old (W)armth", by Elisabeth Schimana (Austria)
- 15 and 22 March 2015: "Black Ice" by Maggi Payne (USA)
- 29 March and 5 April: "Labor in the Territory of Hawaii, 1939" Installation for a single visitor, by Ludwig Abraham (Germany)
- 12 and 19 April: "Breathe Between the Lines / Atmen Zwischen Linien" - for Eric Garner, by Christopher DeLaurenti (USA)
- 26. April and 3 May: "Island" by Dean Rosenthal (USA)
- 10 and 17 May: "La rosa incarnata del suono" by Giuseppe Iacono (Italy)
- 24 May: "defeat" - audiodrama or psychosonic? - by Knut Remond (Germany)
- 14 and 21 June: "pájaro suelto" sound installation by Rubén D'Hers (Germany, Venezuela)
- 26, 27, 28 June and 5 July: "unerhört" by the ohrenhoch-Kids (Germnay)
- 12 and 19 July: "AGNES, TINA, LION & MATHIS" by Alois Späth (Germany)
- 26 July and 2 August: Extension "AGNES, TINA, LION & MATHIS" by Alois Späth (Germany)
- 9 and 16 August: "This Is For You (ohrenhoch, Berlin)" Tina M Pearson (Canada)
- 23 and 30 August: "Submerged: Silent Service" by Louise K Wilson (UK)
- 6 and 13 September: "Why is why of no stranger" by Stelios Manousakis (Greece)
- 20 and 27 September: "Democracy isn't just a Tweet away" by Shelly Knotts (UK)
- 4 and 11 October, on the 25th anniversary of German Unity: "Bring on the Magic of Coca Cola" for tape, by Knut Remond (Germany)
- 18 and 25 October: "Melbourne Calls" by Viv Corringham (UK)
- 1 and 8 November: "aus den Papierwerken 1" by Volkmar Klien (Austria)
- 15 November: "unlimited" by Knut Remond (Germany)
- 22 and 29 November: "Cynical Fragments" by Prune Bécheau (France)
- 6 and 13 December: "Preparations for an Imaginary Conflict" by Cathy Lane (UK)
- 20 and 27 December: "Sprachgerüste, Sprachgelüste" by Laura Mello (Germany, Austria)
- 3 and 10 January: "Ornaments II" by Ricardo Arias (Colombia)
- 17 and 24 January: "practice" by Yan Jun (China)
- 31 January and 7 February: piece without title by Patrik Lechner (Austria)
- 14 and 21 February: "Thinking of you (fragments)" by Gaël Segalen (France)
- 28 February and 6 March: "smash cars, and LOVE" by Knut Remond (Germany)
- 13 and 20 March: "Tinnitus Studies" by Hui Ye (China, Austria)
- 27 March and 3 April: "El Pozo" by Cecilia Castro (Argentina)
- 10 and 17 April: "The Kitchen sessions: 4AM" by Sol Andersson (Sweden)
- 24 April and 1 May: "MÜNCHEN GOLLIERPLATZ" by Sylvia Necker (Germany)
- 8 and 15 May: "RHO" by Anna Stereopoulou (Greece)
- 22 and 29 May: "pars stridens" & "sublocation" by Daniel Lercher (Austria)
- 5, 12 and 19 June: "Scorched Earth" (ohrenhoch remix 2016) by Lauren Sarah Hayes
- At the Art Festival 48 Stunden Neukölln and on the ohrenhoch Sundays 3 and 10 July: "ACTIVE COLORIZE" by the ohrenhoch-Kids and Knut Remond
- 17 and 24 July: "cozy new gastfeindlichkeit" by Julia Mihály (Germany)
- 31 July and 7 August: "Kindernacht", or "The Night of the Children" by Gisela Frick Hassenberg (Chile)
- 14 and 21 August: "You Will Understand It, When You Come Alone" by Eric Dickson (USA, Berlin)
- 11 and 18 September: "Dead or Ice Cream" by Knut Remond (Deutschland)
- 25 September and 2 October: "In the Throats of Trees" by Stephanie Loveless (Canada)
- 9 and 16 October: "acoustic turntable" by Andreas Trobollowitsch (Austria)
- 23 and 30 October: "Fehlberliner U-Wirr" by Jaap Blonk (Holland)
- 6 and 13 November: "Thinking of you (fragments)" by Gaël Segalen (France)
- 20 and 27 November: "Dry/Friction" by Khaled Kaddal (Egypt)
- 4 and 11 December: "Je suis in the kitchen" by Bernadette Johnson (Switzerland)
ALSO VISIT OHRENHOCH ON THE NEW 'COMPACT' WEBSITE ohrenhoch.berlin
ohrenhoch presents on Sunday 20 and 27 November 2016, 2pm - 9pm:
(2014, audio/visual piece)
by Khaled Kaddal (Egypt)
Curator, loudspeaker installation: Knut Remond
Khaled Kaddal on 'Dry/Friction':
“Dry/Friction" is a 3mins audio/visual piece, questioning the political notion of the Microphone. The latest symbolises a certain authority that has a power to choose what sounds would be louder than others. By dragging it over different surfaces, constant hits and frictions result sort of drones and noises. By questioning the conceptual bonds between sound of politics and politics of sounds, the piece is experimenting with the role of a microphone from a tool of amplification to a musical instrument.
Audio Field Report no. 56 / Soundactivism 35: Interview with Khaled Kaddal by Knut Remond. Limited edition audio cassette, 8 copies numbered. Available at 'ohrenhoch, der Geräuschladen' (and heard on headphone in the ohrenhoch archive).
Audio Field Reports nos. 1-55 / soundactivism 1-34: Interviews since January 2014 with the artists, concept and design by Knut Remond.
Khaled Kaddal is an Egyptian interdisciplinary artist and experimental musician. Currently based in London, pursuing his studies on Sound Art. His works focus on the aesthetics of sound with the interest in expanded listening and the socio-political aspects of sound and music.
Scoping on the perceptions and the thresholds of listening, by questioning the radical margin between consonance and dissonance, silence and noise. Interested in enlarging the understanding of oriental aesthetic by taking it to a post-music territory, where the musical structures are de- composed to the notions of sounds. With the accompany of visuals, his performances use electronic and acoustic instruments to form a sonic narration, to dance the mind instead of the body.
Colaboradio 88,4 MHz in Berlin
Premiere on Tuesday 15 November 2016, 10pm to 11pm
Idea and performed by Knut Remond
Guest: Bill Dietz
The show is in German language.
'ohrfeigen' will take place also in the future with a guest from the world of the so-called sound art.
Online stream: colaboradio.de
Guests please arrive at ohrenhoch at 9:30 pm. No entry after 9:50 pm!
The team of ohrenhoch and "ohrfeigen" is looking forward to your attendance!
Page 1 of 9